Because silvertop ash provides such good fire resistance, it is ideal for decking in bushfire prone areas around Victoria.
Why choose Silvertop Ash?
- Tough, yet durable and easy to work
- Brown (sometimes pinkish) heartwood and narrow sapwood
- Fire resistant timber, appropriate for use in most bushfire prone areas
- Consistent colour, predominantly light honey brown with pinkish tones
- Available in 90 x 21 and 140 x 21
- Class 2 above ground durability
- Cost effective
- Can be used for screening as well as decking
- Logged in accordance with Australian Forestry Standards
You will notice that silvertop ash has a medium texture, interlocking grain and noticeable growth rings.
Gum veins, insect markings and fire streaks make Silvertop Ash a visually striking deck.