Spring time is decking time! In order to get the best performance out your Australian hardwood decking, we recommend that it’s pre-coated with a protective penetrating oil. One of the best on the market is CUTEK® Extreme CD50. It's super easy to apply and will help your timber maintain stability. Here’s some handy hints to get you started.
If you’re applying CUTEK® over new timber:
- Make sure the timber is clean and dry
- Try to time the application with the weather. Ideally we want 4-5 clear, sunny days.
- Apply thin rather than thick coats. The oil penetrates the timber more effectively. We can machine coat the first coat for you here. It’s very convenient as the timber comes to you ready to lay.
- Once the first coat is dry, you can apply the second coat.
- Repeat the process for a third coat. CUTEK® recommends that you apply 3 coats.
- If you’ve got left over oil from a coat, don’t pour it back into the tin. Dirt and debris can contaminate fresh oil.